BenBot weekly update

So I found on thingiverse some herring bones gears and rail that some one was using instead of blets (thing:21206) And I had a fantastic idea! Why dont I use herringbone gears for every thing! its not like it takes more plastic or any thing right? So today at thanks giving dinner I was thinking of how I would do every thing and as soon as the family had finished I was off to modal! The guy that I got the gears from only had one size. So I asked him in a comment if he could upload a smaller gear or at least tell me how i would go about making one my self.

    So now to talk about all the ideas and how they work. Before I had to so you had the gears on the rail and a sleeve like thing that went around it, making sure it would not fall off, but now that I have these gears it just has a motor mount and a spot for a 608 bearing under to hold it all nice and tight.

    You can't see it in this picture but it was a j-head duel extrusion mount on that X axis (that I will use a smaller gear on as well as the Y) and the main huge thing is the duel wades sitting on the back of this thing! I know that most 3D printers are not really all that into duel extrusion yet because well its hard to do. But I wanted to make the BenBot the coolest of cool and duel is cool!

    In my last post I also made sure to mention that all of my joints are going to be done with a locking peg. I have not done this yet on the real modal yet but its an east thing and will be done soon.

   IM SCARED!! I have no idea how this thing is really going to work in the real world. In a modal it works grate! But when you make this out of plastic all sorts of things could go wrong. My main thing is "will the plastic stay straight" and I fear that It will not... I'm thinking that this will need to be printed very thick and maybe out of PLA and if I do that they its going to cost so much that 'why not just make a normal reprap' so I hope that I cant get all of this working for under $500 because if i can then I will have changed the world of 3D printing forever. At least I hope so...

Ramps 1.4     -  $150
heated bed     -  $50
2 J-head tips  -  $108
6 nema 17      -  $110
Plastic parts   - $ ???
___________________
$420 just in hardware. and my 15 pounds of plastic cost me about $80 so Is i can print all of this with just that I would fit at the $500 mark exactly. so lets just hope that 15lbs of ABS can do the job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

m31 finger magnet rejection

OpenSCAD Tips and Tricks

Bluetooth LE bone conduction implant.