M51 magnet implant


Video

WARNING: this video is very graphic, has some blood, and magnets going in and out of the skin.

Prep

For the prep on this magnet I used my normal FDA-2T coating on the magnet. This is a N52 5mm by 1mm magnet that I got online, this is nickel coated, but this helped in this case because the magnet could go threw a nickel test and the clear coating could let us see the real results under the coating its self.

For the finger we washed up and I had him put on medical gloves (I use actual surgeon gloves so they are really clean and ready for this kind of a process) I then used a 3rd glove and put off the wrist part to use as a clean rubber band for cutting the flow of blood to his finger. Then I had him hold his finger in VERY cold (below 0C) Isopropyl alcohol for about a minute. This numbed him up pretty good.

Action

I used a larger blade than my normal #15 one, I used a #10 blade on this one because its the same width as the magnet. This was a pain because fingers are not very big, but this blade was. We had determined where he wanted the magnet to finally sit and determined a solid incision point.

Then I just went for it, I just pushed the blade into this finger at probably like to a 20deg angle, it made it deep enough to get under all of the skin and far enough in so that the flap of skin could cover the entire surface of the magnet.

Results

AWESOME! with the combination of his finger and a m36 equivalent in his thumb, he can pick up small spoons, and has a very strong sense of fields around him. The experiment was a success, but I am not sure that I would do it again, because it was a terribly long healing time, and a it only worked out in the end because his fingers are a lot larger than most people like my self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

m31 finger magnet rejection

OpenSCAD Tips and Tricks

Bluetooth LE bone conduction implant.